TDT has a sales position open. Please see the job description below and send resumes to email@example.com.
SALES POSITIONS – INSIDE/OUTSIDE
Heavy computer skills, MS office and adobe, CAD, reading blue prints. Previous knowledge of Construction industry a plus. Strong oral and written communications skills, detail oriented multi-tasker, college degree preferred.
Salary plus Commission, depending on experience. Grow to $100k annual, benefits.
Job Description: Performs routine duties required to receive and complete orders from customers. Completing take-offs to prepare quotes/orders from blueprints and/or actually walking the projects, using standard forms and following routine procedures. Learn the use and application of inventory, quantity and prices, as well as, special order items. Also maintains files on quotes and orders. If applicable, sends acknowledgements of quotes or orders. TDT is as advanced technologically as any in our local industry. The use of computers, mobile devices and software applications is paramount.
General Qualifications: Our industry has been, and will continue to be, in a state of change. Our success depends on our ability to adapt to a changing environment. All employees must:
• Be adaptable to change.
• Be able to accept new roles.
• Work well under pressure.
• Work well with each other in a team atmosphere.
Reports To Department Manager
• Personal commitment to succeed.
• A sincere desire to work for TDT and service the construction industry
• Professional verbal communication skills. (Written, Verbal)
• Math, problem solving and analytical skills. (Forms, Measuring, Blueprints)
• Computer proficiency: extremely important to keep up with the changing times (MS Office, Adobe, CAD, IE)
• Ability to prioritize, time management, stay on task, focus on short term and long term goals while continually generating leads and revenue.
• Heavy telephone usage and proper etiquette at all times.
• Heavy computer usage.
• Correctly and neatly complete all quotes and orders, avoid RGA errors.
• Complete/organize and call on leads to generate sales.
• Recognize customer needs and develop positive relationship while developing the account.
• Resolve customer problems with assistance if needed.
• Properly process changes after orders are typed.
• Manage receivables and collections on the account(s)
• Communicate with Outside and Inside Sales Reps and Department Manager when necessary.
• Maintain a regular and predictable call schedule for each location.
• Keep an inventory of catalogs with pricing and literature continuously up-to-date.
• Quotation requests completed timely. If TDT needs additional information to accomplish a quote, this information must be pursued vigorously.
• Maintain established business as well as grow personal book of business from continued prospecting and developing.
• Participate in local events and associations to network and promote the professional image of TDT and yourself.
• Scheduled training, plan with management at agreed intervals. Continued learning about the products that TDT sells.
• Ask about business opportunities – Upcoming projects, New quotation opportunities or referral.
TDT offers competitive pay and benefits ranging from salary to commission which can easily grow to $100k+ annually plus benefits. TDT also offers a comprehensive employment package including health, supplemental insurance, dental and a company profit sharing plan plus and individual 401(k) plan.